- Prep Time 10 min
- Total Time 1 hr 20 min
- Servings 4
- cup sugar
- tablespoons cornstarch
- teaspoon salt
- cups milk
- large egg yolks, slightly beaten
- tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- teaspoons vanilla
SAVE ON THIS RECIPE!Search
- 1 In 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 2 Gradually stir at least half of the hot mixture into egg yolks, then stir back into hot mixture in saucepan. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla.
- 3 Pour pudding into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled. Store covered in refrigerator.
Substitute 2/3 cup packed brown sugar for the granulated sugar; decrease vanilla to 1 teaspoon.
Increase sugar to 1/2 cup; stir 1/3 cup baking cocoa into sugar mixture. Omit butter.
Get new recipe inspiration every week! Free Newsletters
Creamy Vanilla Pudding Recipe | Taste of Home
This creamy pudding turns out perfect every time! It's quick and easy to make,
and the result is an old-fashioned pudding that's great for an after-school snack
View Full Nutrition Information
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- 220 (
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- (Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- 0% ),
- Total Carbohydrate
- (Dietary Fiber
- 23% ),
- 5% ;
% Daily Value*:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 1 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat;
Carbohydrate Choices:2 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information is calculated at the time recipes are created. We do not include optional ingredients in our calculations.
Vanilla Pudding Recipe | Real Simple
Do not allow it to boil. Remove from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla. Scrape
the pudding into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing the surface to make ...
Homemade Vanilla Pudding Recipe - Martha Stewart
Watch Martha Stewart's Homemade Vanilla Pudding Recipe Video. Get more
step-by-step instructions and how to's from Martha Stewart.