I am a huge fan of twice-baked potatoes, especially when other people make them. All y’all know by now that I’m a huge fan of fast and easy recipes. While twice-baked potatoes aren’t fast by any means, they are easy to make. And I love all the different ways you can fix them.
I sauteed onion and garlic and then added baby spinach to the pan for a minute or two. I’ve added mushrooms in the past- just chop ‘em up and throw ‘em in with the onion to saute.
I figure even picky eaters will eat a veggie that is sauteed…or caramelized. So much of the flavor is brought out when you cook it down in a little oil and garlic. And this IS picky eater approved, y’all.
These were so delicious, the extra time spent cooking the potatoes was well worth it.
How To Bake a Potato: Three Easy Methods — Tips from The Kitchn ...
10 Sep 2013 ... Bottom line: Super-fast cooking time with soft skins. .... I make my baked potatoes
according to the method described by Delia Smith. The British ...
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup sweet onion, chopped
- ½ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup mozzarella, shredded
- Using a fork, poke a few holes in each potato. Bake potatoes in 400⁰F oven for 45 minutes or until soft and cooked through to the center.
- Remove potatoes from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes (or until cool enough to touch).
- Slice in half lengthwise.
- Using a small spoon, scoop out the inside of the potato halves and place insides in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place potato skins back in the 400⁰F oven for 10-15 minutes to make the skins crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and onion. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent and tender.
- Add spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Add spinach mixture to bowl with the potato insides.
- Add Greek yogurt to bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir mixture until incorporated.
- Scoop mix into potato skins.
- Top each skin with about 1 tablespoon of shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly golden in color.
1. I used russet potatoes (the small baking kind). Russet potatoes have a little bit thicker skin than other types, making it easier to scoop out the insides. Sweet potatoes also work great.
2. Y’alls cook time may vary depending on the size and type of potato you’re working with. Always monitor what you’re cooking.
Quick Baked Potatoes | Dad Cooks Dinner
27 Dec 2011 ... I love baked potatoes, but they take so long to cook. Potatoes need an hour (or
more) to be tender in the middle with a crisp, crackling skin.
3. I love how Greek yogurt adds a creaminess to the potato mixture. You can also use sour cream or a sour cream/cheese combination.
4. Mushrooms and bacon can also be added.