Polymer Clay Cake
- Translucent clay. I use Sculpey III Translucent No. 010
- PaleÂ yellow clay. I use Sculpey III Sunshine No. 1274 *
- Clay in many colors for fondant, icing, decorations, etc.
- Translucent Liquid Sculpey (TLS).
- Sculpey Clay Softener (not pictured). If you're going to pipe the clay, softener makes it easier.
- A rolling pin or pasta machine.
- A round cutter. Mine's diameter is 4 cm.
- Blades. For cakes I like to use a tissue blade, razor blade and straight utility knife blade.
- Toothpicks and needles. Look for pointy ones! Pointy needles and toothpicks achieve a better texture.
- (Not pictured) Icing nozzles. I buy icing nozzles from my cooking store because they're cheap and easy to use, some people prefer to use a clay extruder... but in my opinion, what better way to make realistic pipping than with a real icing nozzle?