This week Sunday Supper is turning “green” in honour of St. Patrick’s Day. We will be sharing recipes for green foods from beverages all the way to desserts (and everything in between), so make sure to check out all the links at the end of this post!
So, green it is and what’s greener than Matcha?? I know many of you share this little guilty pleasure with me… raise your hand if you don’t like Green Tea Latte?? Every time I go to Starbucks, I order one. Yes, every time! I love everything about it… its taste, obviously, but also its colour: doesn’t it look stunning? I was so happy when I discovered that making your own Green Tea Latte is actually very easy. Not only that, it can save you some money too as it is definitely cheaper than buying it outside. You can make it with or without a frother (if you don’t care about the foamy top) and it is ready in a matter of minutes. Being Italian, I love cappuccino, so I have an electric frother, but I am sharing with you the instructions on how to make this also with a simple manual frother. Just a little note about the name of this recipe. Latte is an Italian term that means “milk” and it is short for “caffe’ e latte” (milk and coffee), so be aware that if you are in Italy and you order a “latte”, you will be served a glass of milk (probably cold). That said, here in Australia (and I am guessing this is the same in North America), a latte is a cappuccino with less foam and a flat white is a cappuccino with almost no froth (which is the Italian equivalent of a “caffe’ e latte”). Just for your info, in case you are ever in Italy and want to have some coffee!
Anyhow, if you like matcha, then you will LOVE this drink! The slight bitterness of matcha and the sweetness added by the sugar, make it a perfectly balanced experience! Enjoy and happy Paddy’s Day!
A big thanks to DB aka Foodie Stuntman of Crazy Foodie Stunts for being a great host!
Green Tea Latte #SundaySupper
How to make a Starbucks Green Tea Latte - YouTube
Green Tea Latte with Matcha Powdered Green Tea - Matcha Source
Green Tea Latte with Matcha Powder. Sift 2 tsps Gotcha Matcha into a drinking
glass, add hot or cold milk and serve over ice. Read our detailed recipes for ...
- 250 ml – 1 cup milk (or soy milk etc.)
- 1.5 tsp green tea (matcha) powder
- 1 tsp sugar (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp warm water (optional – to use only if you don’t have an electric frother)
- If you have an electric frother like me, put all the ingredients in it and use it as if you were making a cappuccino.
- If you don’t have an electric frother, you can still make this green tea latte by using a manual frother or without any frother at all. All you need to do is sift the match powder into your glass and dissolve it in the tablespoon of warm water. Heat the milk with the sugar (but don’t let it boil), froth it and add it to the green tea mixture.
- When ready, slowly pour it into a glass and top it with the froth.
- Sprinkle the top with some green tea powder and serve hot.
Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe | Vintage Mixer
7 May 2013 ... Luckily, these aren't served in the big SB so I'll be making them at home or
visiting my local tea shop. Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe.